I am heading to Kingaroy during Easter and hope to get some clear skies and stars to try something myself. I have never done a star trail so need some basic to advanced help if you would please…
1. Do I take the foreground during dusk (or when there’s some available? In other words will the foreground and background be completely different ?
2. For the actual stars, do I just compose for the stars without any foreground but just the sky?
3. If the foreground and background are separate compositions at separate times etc. how I then merge them to give a natural look? Or is it that the foreground/background has to be same (or similar compositions)
4. What do I use for the foreground and background? I have the 18-105, 24-70 and 70-300 on a D90 body.
5. For pp do I use one of those softwares like startrail.exe to merge them together or can I do it in cs5.
Sorry for the real long list and would really appreciate your help please.