User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Camera Courses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Courses

Firstly I apologise if this question has been asked a million times already, I have looked for the answer but cannot find it.

I own a canon 50D and never, ever use the automatic button so I am familiar with the settings on my camera but would not say I am that knowledgeable. I want to do a photography course but there are millions in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations on schools - or is this question just too broad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the beginners section of this site and the new library, there will be plenty to learn, and it's free.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Wayne, I have looked and tried to read but I learn best by getting 'out there' and having somebody show me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if 'getting out there' is the way to go, check out the AP member meets in your area, and go along to one, or organise one. The members here have a wealth of knowledge and can teach you a lot.

The other thing I see is you have been a member for almost 2 years, you can have learnt a huge amount in that time by joining in here on AP. I would say the only thing keeping you are the NEW stage, is you. Get out there, post some photos etc, and your photography will improve.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try checking the Site advertisers and Sponsors section of the General Forum I have seen courses advertised there.
    The Impressionists hoped to........" Capture the transient effect of light and colour"........ I wish I could!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Rick you are right I have only had my big camera for 8 months (meaning I have only been on manual for 8 months). I had forgotten about the AP members get together's - will go and have a look now.

Thank you, sometimes one needs a swift kick in life (though I do prefer chocolate).

La Lumiere, I am off to look at the Sponsors section, thank you, I was sort of hoping for a recommendation though.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Bec

You ask about "Sydney" ... chase up your local Adult Community College for evening non-vocational classes [non-v = no tests to bother with]
    Many places have 6-8 week courses in basic photo techniques, have 8 - 16 students, you get a book of some sort & they have excursions etc for about $200 -ish

Before hitting the road with my Travelling School of Photography, I did this type of college work [photog amongst other subjects] since the mid 70s; I have had well over 3 thousand people thru my classes, with a student-completion rate never less than 97%.

PM me if you want more info
    Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the TAFE colleges also offer courses, vocational and non-vocational. It may be worth checking in your area.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.