I'm sitting at home feeling sorry for myself

Every time I save up for my 60D something happens and I have to use that money for other things, the latest being a friends passing and coming home to find out we have to move out of our house after 10 years. Don't get me wrong I have a pretty great life, 3 beautiful healthy sons, a caring hubby and we live comfortably. I count my blessings every day but that camera is 'my' thing. it's been my dream for so long now that I really dream about her

I do have a Nikon P100 p&s and it's taken some Ok pics and I'm very greatful that I've been able to capture our boys lives so far. I just yearn for something better and that something has to be a 60D, it fits in my hand like it's meant to be there! No-one in real life understands my desire to own her, everyone thinks my P100 is the bees knees... so i thought I'd bring my troubles here to the place where surely someone will understand!

So I need to get over myself, I really am blessed, and I thought it would be great to hear what everyone started with and if you want to share pics from that camera that would be great too!

Teressa