Thread: My New Tripod

Post Thanks

My New Tripod

Wanted to show my new Vanguard Alto Pro 263 tripod with SBH 100 Ball Head. I have mounted ny Sigma 120-400 on it just for the shot as it is the heaviest lens I have , and it carries the weight with ease. ( not that I would ever shoot with this lens mounted like that ) Should be a great asset for macro . Would also make an ideal remote flash stand with its multi angle range. You can check it out on Goggle video.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PH005; 05-04-2011 at 8:50am.

Post Thanks
    I had not come across the Vanguard tripods until I started working at Camerahouse, to me they fit the bill very well for a reasonably priced, well featured and sturdy tripod.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Threadstarter

Post Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    I had not come across the Vanguard tripods until I started working at Camerahouse, to me they fit the bill very well for a reasonably priced, well featured and sturdy tripod.
    Couldn't agree more Mark. I would go as far as saying that it is on par with the Manfrotto 190XProB. And costs less.

Post Thanks
    I have been using the same tripod, currently with a PH-50 pan head as I also shoot a lot of video, for the last two years. The tripod is absolutely excellent - I have never seen a better tripod apart from the carbon-fiber model above this one. Its build quality is flawless and it is still rock solid after two years of semi-professional use.

However, the grip on the handle of the pan head (also by Vanguard ) has worked its way loose after much use. I have it held on with gaffer tape for the time being, but I'm going to need to get myself a tube of thread locking adhesive to properly secure it more permanently. :/
    --=3 In Veritas Lux E=--
    Bodies: Canon EOS 5D Mk II, Canon EOS 550D
    Lenses: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Strobist: 2 x Speedlite 580EXII, 4 x Yongnuo RF-603 Radio Tranceivers, Yongnuo ST-E2 IR Transmitter
    3 x Manfrotto Light Stands, 2 x Softboxes, 2 x Bounce Brollies
    Tripod: Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT, PH-50 Panhead

Threadstarter

Post Thanks
    That is the type of good feedback I like to hear ElectricImages.