Thread: Info for all Sydneysiders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Info for all Sydneysiders

In case anyone's interested, I recently received an email from Australian Geographic regarding a photographic seminar at the North Ryde RSL Club in May...

http://www.australiangeographic.com....to-seminar.htm

...looks great to me :-)

For clearness and the moderators I'd like to point out that I am not related in any way to this event, nor do I gain anything from this link. I merely thought other readers of this site may be interested in the subject so have posted it here for their information. This is not an advertisement.

Cheers
    Andy

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm (newly obtained...no pictures up shot with it yet)
    Olympus E-420, 14-42mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 (shutter has died on this one )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good on the surface, I would be a bit concerned for what I am going to learn sitting in a room and listening to 6 x 11/2 hour "lectures" even from people of that calibre ??
    Any way each to their own, I would be keen to hear back if any one does attend
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that classroom learning is limited, for sure. I did a practical course not so long ago with another company which was excellent, and I like to get out there, but I think a good balance of the two is useful, especially for us newbies. When it comes to an introduction to photoshop, advice on selling your work and protecting yourself, plus anecdotes, Q&A and tips, I think there's room for classroom learning too. Will let you know whether I'm right or not though, it could so easily go the other way!