User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Advice please for a newbie!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice please for a newbie!!

Hi was hoping you could give me some advice on a last minute request I have had from a friend who has asked me to take some photos of her family. They are heading out to a wedding so will be all dressed up. It will be the 4 of them her, her husband and her two boys, they are 11 and 13.

She just wanted the photos taken in their house which is a normal looking place... nothing flash

I was wondering what ideas you may have for positioning you have found to work well.
    I only started photography 3 weeks ago and so am brand new.... I would love any advice you can give me!!

Thanks in advance!
    In my kit I have a Canon 600D and 50mm lens and 18-55 mm lens and a 70-200mm Canon lens.

I hope I have asked this in the right place and given the right info.
    Last edited by Stormie; 01-04-2011 at 10:36pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you've got some nice equipment. If the shots are inside the house you may have some light problems. Maybe there is some window light to assist. You could try bumping the ISO (maybe 800) and if you can fit them all in with the 50mm lens that will shoot in low light. The 18-55mm may struggle. I would not shoot with flash on the camera indoors in low light - hard shadows, glare on faces, basically awful.

Hope this helps