User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Book Reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished reading Michael Freeman - The Photographer's Eye. A slow but good read. I'm deciding between Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and another one by Freeman as well. I would be ordering mine from *removed - members with less than 50 posts cannot promote companies* Also, i'm looking forward to read The Art of War by Steven Pressfield.
    Last edited by ricktas; 18-04-2011 at 11:36pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read Michael Freeman- The Photographers Eye -a very good read, and Scott Kelby's Digital Photog Book 2- also very good.
    But the best so far has been - Ross Hoddinott's Digital Exposure Handbook - easy to follow , in depth discussion and a real pleasure to read.
    He's an English Photographer, widly published inc Outdoor Photog & BBC Wildlife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ross Hoddinott's Digital Exposure Handbook
    started reading it this morning and found this, this afternoon..

am not much of a reader but this book is excellent to read and an eye opener for the $13 i paid for it!
    | Nikon D90 | Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED | Nikon SB700 | Nikon AF 50mm f1.8D |
    | Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G VR | Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm f2.8 |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition by Bryan Peterson--this edition has new section included for HDR photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition by Bryan Peterson

A Good read
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on this thread I find a copy of Petersen " Understanding photography field guide, terrific read, shows many techniques & gives great reading on aspects of composing great shots, also has useful sections on how to try diff techniques to get interesting shots.
    Comparing this with Kelby intro to Digital photography- I much prefer the former, the kelby book which I have owned for a couple of years I feel is a book of phitography tips, albeit some useful tips... The Petersen book for me is something I can continue to read, the kelby Bo would be to lookup a tip
    The Petersen is my first choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and it really made me understand a lot of things I just wasn't getting, it's a fantastic book for anyone who wants to get out of shooting in auto!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people often focus about the technicalities of photography, they often forget that behind these is their own vision, which comes differently from each and every photographer's own perspectives and style. The book that really improved and took my photography to the next level besides the above mentioned renowned copies would be "Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision" by David DuChemin. I highly recommend it.
    Great moments, Good light.
    8 Perpetual Photography
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are looking for these (or other) books in the library

There is a useful website which can tell you which local libraries stock a book you are interested in: www.worldcat.org - just put in the location where you are currently, eg: Sydney, Australia or 2000, Australia and the ISBN or title of the book

I find it to be a very useful website for locating hard-to-find books.

Anakha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123