User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOS Utility will not work on computer any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to uninstall all the eos stuff, run a registry cleaner then restart pc then install the canon programs again.. That should work.....
    Well it did for me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check on one of the Canon sites (Europe or the US should be the best ones to go for) and download the latest version of the software.
    It may fix a few of your bugs.

This is a trick I learned from my IT guy here at work, he always downloads the software from the disk, but then goes straight to the software company's website, and downloads the latest version.
    It often fixes up bugs that may be in the original software to allow for newer operating systems and also for problems people had with the original software.

I got the latest updates for Adobe Photoshop Elements recently, and now I can open up RAW files directly into Elements from my Canon D60.
    I find this is much better than using the Canon supplied software.
    Last edited by Bennymiata; 31-03-2011 at 4:49pm.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 'jimbob12',-I am un-familiar with 'registry cleaner' is that a special program that is bought,or something that XP has?
    We did get into registry and delete the reference to the other program that appeared to have taken over the workings of EOS.

I am interested to know more about this 'registry cleaner',and your issue with the EOS not working for you 'jimbob12',sounds
    like it may have been similar to my current problem.Thanks
    Canon 50D and 450D - Canon 10-22 F3.5-5.6, 17-55 F2.8 L, 70-200 F2.8 L, 400 prime F5.6 L, 60mm F2.8 macro, EX 430 Flash,and all sorts of other bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry bout the lengthy time in between reply if you go to download.com and search for registry cleaners there are a heap of free ones to choose from.
    i use ccleaner and wise registry checker for my cleanups which i do once a week just to make sure everything is running ok just keep it to the default settings and click the fix button once it has scanned your hard drive
    the issue you are having sounds similar to what i was having and like i said i had to delete it and reinstall... but if i didnt use the registry cleaner after the install i found that the eos program still wouldn't work...' i hope that helps your problem if you haven't already fixed it

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jimbob,I'll try that method,It sounds like you had a similar problem to what I have,So you delete EOS first,then re install,then run cleaner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uninstall eos, run the registry cleaner then reinstall eos....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try deleting the appdata for the canon program. I haven't used XP for a while but I think its in C/users/yourname/appdata/canon, you need to enable 'show hidden files and folders' in the folder options menu. Someone I know had the same problem with some Nikon software and that fixed it.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have not fixed the problem yet try system restore. Go back to just before you deleted the program and simply restore. You do not have to format anything so you do not lose anything. It is a tool to help you undo something that does not work. And it may not fix your problem but woth a try. I am not a computer expert but have used this many times. cheers Brian

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant you just download into a folder using Windows explorer and a media card reader? I imagine you would have an image editing program for your astronomy pics - once the images are downloaded into the folder open them in the normal way.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12