Hello.

I have a couple of Canon cameras,occasionally I do a little astrophotography.I had used the EOS utility on a number of occasions and had no problems.But I removed a astronomy program off my lap top as I did not use it.Ever since then my utility has not worked,all other canon software works fine.

I plug in camera,and the computer makes a unhappy little noise,I have tried re installing the program that had been in before,no go.I un-installed all Canon software-and re installed.still no go.

I went through the utility as much as I could,as far as I can make out-there appears to be a little padlock icon,on it.Not sure what this means.

It appears there has been a mix up some how,The only idea I have left is to re formate the whole computer and do a systems restore from scratch.This is rather annoying for something I use only 5 to 6 times a year.Has anyone ever had a similar issue?Is there a way to fix without re format the whole computer?

I can use some else's computer for the few times I do astro work,but its a bit annoying.

Any help or tips to solve this issue would really be appreciated.

Thanks FB