User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you photograph and why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love shooting bands, live events and night shots of the city, light art and anything that is pretty or shiny at night. Shadows and plays of light fascinate me.
    When doing band gigs I find that I love getting up on the stage and getting that interaction of the band members. trying to get something that most people can't or won't get. Dunno. It's just fun. I could see myself doing it alot.

I like to go camping, so I find I like shooting wildlife and outdoor elements.
    I find just straight landscape a bit boring, so I am usually shooting that funny shaped leaf, the stack of rocks or the silhouette of the people on the beach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    The goal is to shoot triptychs of properties before demolition, once cleared and then after they've been redeveloped.
    Very interesting indeed! The passage of time has always fascinated me, and this is a great way to document it!

Since we've moved into our unit almost 10 years ago, we've seen all 3 of the adjoining properties behind us redeveloped. Sadly, they've all been Federation houses knocked down and replaced with tiny, ugly units. But that's Sydney for you.

Next time I'm out and about in the neighbourhood, I'll have to keep an eye out for a pending demolition!
    Last edited by tcdev; 24-05-2011 at 9:55am.
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will photograph anything that doesn't run away from me. Oh, I will photograph the things that run away from me too.

Seascapes, buildings, bridges, old stuff, new stuff, unusual stuff - and now I had added people.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started taking photos when backpacking to document my travels and still enjoy travel photography but have had less opportunity of late. Combining seeing new places with taking photos definitely makes me happy.
    Have done a couple of shoots with friends who are very good at their chosen sport and had a blast doing it especially thinking of new shots/angles to try in the lead up and then working out how to do it and selecting locations.
    I enjoy landscape photography.
    I am not good at photographing strangers as I feel rude and intrusive and can't bring myself to ask if it's ok.
    Abstracted macro done well amazes me at how the photographer sees it beforehand.
    I never thought of myself as creative in any way before getting into photography so it's nice to find a new aspect to the same old me.
    More than anything I take photos of my son now.

IMG_8083.jpg
    Last edited by cam bicknell; 24-05-2011 at 9:37pm. Reason: grammatical error

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the DSLR game. But I enjoy shooting landscapes (including panos) and macro. I work in the Kimberley so I will soon be taking some pics of star trails...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234