Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macro Lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ya,
    Dont know if i'm too late,but i suggest getting a cheapish set of kenko tubes of ebay and even an older manual lens 50mm pentacon or something like that,(can also use these to reverse on another lens ),have a good play and learn the basics of macro,
    this is how i got into it as a cheap option.I never use auto focus with macro anyway,off camera flash is a big help too.I'm pretty sure you can get macro tubes to take EFS lenses now too(mine are only EF).
    just a suggestion for a cheaper way of going about it,i warn you it is very addictive though. I can post up some examples of shots from my cheap set up if you like.
    I have just bought a nifty fifty EF50mm 1.8 ii ,and it is great on the kenko macro tubes.
    cheers
    Adam.....

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gtv

Havnt been on for a while as i have been OS, but have recently purchased a f2.8 100mm macro IS USM lens, havnt done much with it yet, i have only tried taking a couple of spider photos see below. Have been reading a bit about then and have been looking at extention tubes and ring flashes, Any recomendations on this would be great. Would love to see some more of your pictures as your landscape photos are awesome. Can i ask what type of camera you use and lens for landscape, the images seem to be crystal clear. Thanks again all for the advice..

the spiders below are a daddy long legs and i think a wold spider.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon EOS 50D, Canon 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 70-200 F4L IS USM - Fujifilm finepix s9600,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123