User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Newcastle members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newcastle members

My wife and I will be in Newcastle on Friday March 11th for a wedding the following day and while she goes to a hens night I would like to have a look at a few photographically interesting spots around the area early evening (sunset) and later that night. We will be staying at a B&B in Stockton, so a location around that area would be good. I just thought that seeing I don't know the area that well , someone here might be able to give me a few tips as to where to go. (I do have a GPS !)
    Many thanks.
    Mick.

http://www.pbase.com/guzziev

Canon 7D, Canon 15 - 85 mm, Canon EF 70 - 300mm L lens, Canon 100mm macro L lens, Canon 430EXII flash, Fancier tripod, Lowepro 190 camera bag, Canon RC6 remote shutter release, Yong Nuo flash trigger and receiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Mick.....well I`d go down to the ferry wharf and either shoot from there across to the city scape of go across and up towards Nobbys headland (the other side of the breakwall to Stockton). That would be a good plan I think. Have a good time.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further to Graeme's great suggestions some great shots can be had from Stockton looking at fishing boats and then across the harbour to Newcastle City - I've done sonme nice ones there at night. Have fun
    Cheers, Mal

crafthouse images - my Flickr

Canon EOS 5DM3, 7D and a modest collection of "L" goodies

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice fellas. I will do one location or both and then if I don't get any decent shots I can blame you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww, ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, my shoulders are...was broad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try Merewether Baths and the Bogie Hole... depending on the conditions and the tides - be careful at the Bogie Hole - it's very slippery

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Aussiegirl, I didn't get this till I got home on Sunday night as I was just about pulling up in Stockton when you sent it !
    I did manage to get a few decent photos opposite the industrial areas from across the river and some sunrise shots on Saturday morning from near the Stockton rock wall (and lots from the wedding we attended).
    I hope to post some of these tomorrow night as I have been flat out, and have a camera club meeting on tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camera Club meeting? Where is this held Mick - not in the Newcastle/Hunter Region - I hope you say yes!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah mate ............. in Orange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick. Newcastle City makes a good subject from the Stockton side of the harbour at sunrise. Additionally, there are often good action shots of shipping and tugs in the harbour! I tried to upload an example, but as a newboy failed miserably!

Good shooting!

Mike Fibbo