User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more from our honeymoon .... this time, assorted Italia. (Lots Of Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few more from our honeymoon .... this time, assorted Italia. (Lots Of Pics)

Heres a few from around Italy including Rome, Naples, Pompeii .. and of course a few of my beautiful wife and my ugly mug Enjoy the journey

Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a few more from around the place .... Please excuse the unsharpness of The Sistene Chapel shots. These taken with the good ole "sneaky shoot from the hip when security isnt looking" method. Settings obviously werent ideal but hey I got the photo I suppose ...

Last edited by bigdazzler; 10-03-2011 at 4:43pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your honeymoon shots (congratulations, by the way!!)....Hmmm, maybe one day I may see Italy
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and more .... just tell me when youve had enough A bit of everything in here ..

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben fatto, Darren. Is that all? Reminds me of my trip in 2006. But on a MORE SERIOUS note, are you saying you CAN"T now take pics inside the Sistine Chapel? I took heaps. The only restriction being not to use flash.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grazia !!

nope ..... ALL photography strictly forbidden. That, along with Academia (the home of Michelangelos "David") in Firenze, were the only two places that were that strict. Everywhere else was only NO FLASH rules.
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 10-03-2011 at 5:31pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you both look like you had a fantastic time, some wonderful captures and memories in these and congratulations.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha .. just realised, the fifth shot from the bottom ..... can you tell poor little lightweight Bella has had a few Grappas and Limoncellos ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful Italy - just love the place. My wife threw 3 coins into Trevi Fountain in 1996 and we were there again on 2010. Lovely. I really like viewing those captures. Yes, I am sure I have a few photos of the Sistine Chapel back in 1996. We didn't visit it this time around.
    Reg

Camera: Canon 70D. Lens: Canon EF-s 18-55mm is, Canon 15-85 is, Canon 50mm 1.4. Canon 100-400mm, EF, IS, F4.5 - 5.6
    I am new to DSLR.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/regau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some baeutiful shots, and some excellent scenerey, i hope to get there one day myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say 'Keep em coming'... Can you ever really get sick of Italy?

Beautiful pics.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still got Firenze and Venezia to show you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series, mate - definately bringing back memories. Got anymore from Napoli? I found it such a colourful and chaotic place - bit of a contrast to the northern cities.
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Darren

Well done mate - a very wide range of subjects (last lot esp) and treatments
    That w/a lens is getting lots of use too - well done
    as to your orig comment "and of course a few of my beautiful wife and my ugly mug" ... I would say that your beautiful wife has great taste in choosing a good-lookin bloke

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    Nice series, mate - definately bringing back memories. Got anymore from Napoli? I found it such a colourful and chaotic place - bit of a contrast to the northern cities.

didnt get much time in Naples mate ... did a road trip to Pompeii from Rome and only stopped in Naples for quick photo ops. Kinda like the Japanese tourist bus method ... hop off, click click click, hop back on

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieTraveller View Post
    G'day Darren

Well done mate - a very wide range of subjects (last lot esp) and treatments
    That w/a lens is getting lots of use too - well done
    as to your orig comment "and of course a few of my beautiful wife and my ugly mug" ... I would say that your beautiful wife has great taste in choosing a good-lookin bloke

Regards, Phil
    Cheers Phil. The WA shots are from the little NEX. I didnt have an UWA for the big FF camera with me on this trip. The little NEX goes alright.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoying the trip Daz, thanks for continuing the journey I like the processing on the coliseum. I never got to Italy on my European adventure 31 yrs ago. Keep em coming.....
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly Congratulations.
    Thanks for tripping me back to Italy, yumm to the ice creams and the chestnuts roasting on the street. I really like your sepia shots and the processing you have done on many of these images. Really enjoyed watching. thanks.
    and i hope whatever wishes you made tossing those coins in come true..........
    CC is welcomed & appreciated

5d Mark II

Photography by nature is spiritual, considering it comes from the darkness to show the light.
    - Kevin Russo

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou .... it was a great trip. Europe is certainly a wonderous place to visit

Next stop ....... Brazil (hopefully)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice if you numbered the images, to make it easier to provide specific comments...I particularly liked the quality and post-processing of the earlier images (e.g. colosseum) and the two night time shots - wine sipping and the street scene. It's often difficult to make buildings look interesting (unless the audience has a particular interest in architecture), but these were all very attractive - great combination of composition and processing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some very beautiful shots. Makes me want to pack up and head over there right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast