From time to time members have either posted images or had discussions that involve illegal activities.
These activities include:
- Drug use (images of)
- Trespass (eg. derelict sites)
- Access to infrastructure such as Rail corridors without authority
- Driving/motoring activities (eg. hanging out of a window to take a photo)
- Breach of venue entry terms and conditions from sporting bodies such as Cricket Australia, NRL, AFL etc. in regard to publishing images
- Any other illegal activity, whether misdemeanor, civil or criminal.
AusPhotography cannot be seen to be allowing, promoting or assisting these activities as there maybe consequences such as:
- Take down notices (Specific posts, threads or the entire Ausphotography site is taken down completely)
- Possible prosecution by Australian and other legal jurisdictions (we are hosted in the USA)
- Legal demands requiring provision of member details to law enforcement agencies, to facilitate prosecution of specific members of the site.
As AP is not a club and does not charge membership fees, the site does not hold, or need to hold public liability insurance for members, or others. Members are entirely responsible for their own safety, and the safety of others during AP member meets.
Whilst these actions are quite unlikely, AusPhotography must protect itself (Rick and the team); as a result any and all such posts will be removed from the site. Please do NOT use the Personal Message system to organise such events as PMs are stored in the database.
We do understand the need for creative outlet and if you are seeking to enter property, restricted areas, venues etc, seek permission first regarding both access and photography (preferably in writting)