Sorry if this has been brought up before, but since I've just created an account I'm unable to do any searches. Hopefully after this post I'll have the Facility.

A friend gave me a link to this site and highly recommends it and it's Users.

I've had a Nikon D90 for a while now, moved from a Sony A200. The Sony produced to much noise for large prints. Especially when chasing for light. Most of my photos are Landscapes and I have
a Epson Pro 3800 printer that I use to do upto A2 prints.

I've just started revisiting the Active D Lighting option again. I originally looked at it early on and didn't like the overall affect on certain areas, I basically forgot about the feature. Now that am use to Capture NX2, I spent last night taking photos, one with it on (Auto) and on with it off. Overall I was quite impressed. It sort of removes the need to do a braket shot and try to get all the details in HDR software. (CS3 is not the tool for that I've learnt). It was starting to get dark but there was still light up in the sky.

Anyway, I would be very interested to learn of other peoples views on this. On a side note, I mainly shoot in Manual Mode and I have read that this does limit the use of it a bit.

Thanks in Advance
Rob.