User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: shutting down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down shutting down

So before I sleep I put my new Win7 to shut down. New meaning I just installed it a few days back.

What do i find today? It's still turned on! On the screen saying waiting for program to close. It's 2011 and I STILL can't shut down and not have to supervise the PC to make sure it DOES shut down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy isn't it. I remember the good old days when my old 286 used to boot up and be ready to use probably under 30 seconds. Now we have bigger much more powerful pc's and as they get bigger and more powerful they take longer and longer to boot up. I don't get it. I think microsoft are doing it wrong....

I wonder if one day in the future we will have pc's that you can switch on and they are ready to go?

To be honest I don't shutdown my PC anymore. I put it into sleep mode because I hate waiting for it to start-up everytime i want to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the same, some laptops hang on shutdown at the black screen and until I see the power light go out I won't shut the lid. Many a time I've pulled the laptop out of it's case after a flight and it's red hot as it's been ON inside a closed case. It's a wonder it didn't shut down due to overheating.
    Windows update after update,,,,,so I watch it all the time now.
    Probably good practice tho.
    Currently using;
    Nikon D850

Lotsa other bits.