Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't any dates or specifics.
    But I do know someone who has had fiddle with a pre production unit. So e release can't be too far off

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will believe it when I see it, this camera has been salivated over, suggested to be coming for every major trade show since the beginning of 2010. If it is the D800 they have done well to keep it under the radar, as I have heard any really suggest anything to the scale of the D5100 rumors for that trade show. I am hoping its this case as I wouldnt mind to see the D700 drop in price a touch more. But if its good enough I wouldn't mind going for it.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any truth to the D800 release date being " 1st APRIL "
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darey View Post
    Any truth to the D800 release date being " 1st APRIL "

I will let you know on the 2nd

Good old rumours and speculation ----- ho hum ----- it is always fun to watch the posts on the net by people that "must have" a new camera in order to be able to take photos and then even more fun to see the endless posts of brick walls and favourite pets that look ever so similar to the images they used to take with their old ( and suddenly no good ) camera.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rumours sites I rely on say 2nd half of this year.
    Regards, Rob

D600, AF-S 35mm f1.8G DX, AF-S 50mm f1.8G, AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G ED VR, AF-S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6G VR, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Photos: geeoverbar.smugmug.com Software: CS6, Lightroom 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gimme!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to this forum and want to get some advice from nikon owners, I have been using a 4/3 system now for a few years but have got to the point where I am very limited in what my camera can do when pushed to the limits ie. considerable image noise with iso anything over 200 and during long exposures as a majority of my shots is landscape due to the heating of the small sensor I guess and the new E5 body doesnt handle much better from reviews, dynamic range also is not a strong point. What I'm getting to is that I want to upgrade to Nikon FF system, the construction, ISO performance and the AF system of Nikon looks very appealing to me and will give me a lot more versatilty (will still use my current system for backup and when traveling for work due to the small physical size of the body and lenses, etc). The D700 will fulfill all of my needs and the price has come down considerably in the past few months, however, I guess the $4000 question is do I wait a bit longer for the price to come down further or do I wait for the "D800"??? - a higher resolution sensor and HD movie mode would be nice but do i really want that, I'm not sure...what are your recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see the D700 last remaining stock dropping much further in price, and once its successor is released that will leave only used options which are going to be very sought after as the D700 has always sold very well on the used market and many people will be looking for them as an upgrade thinking they will be a little cheaper, but lets not forget where the D700 was priced upon and for quite some time following release - US$3000 so expect the successor to be no different, thus maintaining a fair gap in price between used D700's and the replacement model which should buoy the sale (both volume and price) of used D700's for a while I think.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne ^ has pretty well summed it up.
    Now is the best time ever to buy a new D700 and the reward for doing so is to have a camera that has been extremely reliable with no niggling quality control glitches or systematic faults and is proven to be capable of taking excellent images under a massively different range of conditions.
    You need to ask your self whether the higher ( unknown ) resolution is really necessary for your photographic style and whether you really need video ( I would say 100% certain ) in a DSLR balanced against the price difference between a new D700 and the replacement model.

I reckon that will be between a $1200.00 and $1500.00 difference for those that have to have the new model close to release time.
    To me it is an easy chose, forget video, 12 mp is plenty of resolution to print at 20x30 inches and that $1200.00 to $1500.00 goes a long way towards some desirable glass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D800 rumours Started by Kym, 04-03-2011 8:52am
    Replies: 10
    lol that is so funny to read in the front page - Kym it looks like the rumours are all your fault .....

CC always welcome

Cheers

Kathrine

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkattyKat View Post
    D800 rumours Started by Kym, 04-03-2011 8:52am
    Replies: 10
    lol that is so funny to read in the front page - Kym it looks like the rumours are all your fault .....
    He is responsible, he is in denial, we all know that he wants one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D800?

I had a perfectly good and usable D200 with some good lenses (Sigma 10-20), But, NO I had to gave FX didn't I? I'm perfectly happy with the D700, but the point is that I didn't really need it as I don't shoot much in low light, etc. Just a cautionary tale for those eager to dump their D700s.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jacksond, the D700 doesn't need low light to shine in its ability to take excellent images, it just happens to work a truck load better than the D200 at higher ISO levels as well as at the base.

We are in the same boat, 1 D700 body and 2 D200 bodies, each of those works perfectly capably in certain areas but overall the D700 is a total winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    jacksond, the D700 doesn't need low light to shine in its ability to take excellent images, it just happens to work a truck load better than the D200 at higher ISO levels as well as at the base.

We are in the same boat, 1 D700 body and 2 D200 bodies, each of those works perfectly capably in certain areas but overall the D700 is a total winner.
    Snap. ALthough my 2nd D200 is actually a Fuji S5. The only thing that I can't find in the rumours is dual card slots. This might still not be enough for me to buy a D800 as opposed to another D700.
    Vince

Space; The Final Frontier

C & C encouraged on all images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending upon the specs and some subsequent testing and review by well regarded reviewers, I could see myself selling my D700 & D3 to replace them with the D800 and a D3s.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since a D4 is also likely to be released this year, you'd really need to look at a d800/d4 combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D800 Speculation!

I would not expect to see a D800 in less than two years.
    I doubt that Nikon wants to cannibalize sales of the D4 with a similar but smaller camera at half the price again.

What I want is an upgraded D700s with D3s sensor.
    And I want it now. Nikon could sell tons of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll buy one only if I win the lottery.
    Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I save up.
    Until then I have to be satisfied with what I have.
    I've read a lot of Thom Hogan's reviews and unfortunately, more resolution means you have to buy new lenses. The better the camera, the more it shows up any faults in the glass.
    Peace & Happiness
    Geoff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast