Thread: Flash Websites

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash Websites

Im going to do a Kiwi and put up a question.

Is the use of flash based websites for photography really necessary? Looking around at photographers websites it seems the majority have gone the way of flash and other bandwith hungry website designs (includes music, and other gimics). Does this reflect what is considered the cutting edge and that you are professional? Or is it just a waste when all the prospective client wants is an easy to use website showcasing your work (your primary selling point) that doesn't give a migrane due to the "clever" seamless transitions.

Note: While I personally have a xhtml website, this is not the reason for the observation, it is more based on the number of photography websites I have seen and the opinions of some of those prospective clients (some people are puzzled by flash websites with uninspiring images).
    Last edited by Xebadir; 01-03-2011 at 6:54pm.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com