Thread: Lens cleaning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lens cleaning

I notice my 55-250mm kit lens has a small bit of grass (or something) stuck behind the front glass on the inside. Is this something that can be removed? Is there such a thing as an internal lens clean? If so, is the cost worth it considering the cost of the lens itself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about dust but a small bit of grass sounds odd to me! I am sorry if it seems to be a stupid questions: Does you lens have a filter? Is the grass stuck between the front element and the filter? Or is it behind the front element?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behind the front element it is. I usually do have a UV filter attached but it is now off the lens and I can still see the bit of whatever it is behind the glass on my lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then in this case it has to be done by a professional either from Canon or in your case you are in Brisbane, the Canon contracted camera repairer.

But having say that - If it does NOT affect your quality of the photo, don't bother! I have a pic somewhere where I put a rather big piece of paper on the front element, and I still can take a good picture out of it. (you can try it at home if you have time)