User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000D upgrade to 7D - can 1000D cope with new great glass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used my 50mm1.2 on a 400d body, and thought that i was experiencing some of the focus issues i had read that the 50mm had, but when i put it on the 5d it was a totally different story; it worked beautifully. basically my problem was that it wouldn't be as sharp as i would have like or i would think i 'had' a certain shot only to discover the focus was way out.

the comment regarding never wanting to use your old body is true though. you wont go back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also keep your 1000D as a 2nd body so you can switch lenses fast for different focal lengths!
    Canon EOS 50D w/ Phottix BP-40 Grip | 17-40 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 430EX II | YN560 | Cactus V5 | Benro C-257EX + B2 Ballhead
    http://picasaweb.google.com/derfel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Besides, that, It would be quirky to whip out your 1000D with the new 70-200 mkII on it amongst a bunch of gear junkies. lol, such a great contrast of a $100 camera with a $3000 lens.
    I did the precise same thing among a few at a local tourist spot. I pulled out my old EOS 5 film camera from back in the day which had my old 28-135mm lens on it and heard a few condescending giggles after they eyeballed my gear compared with their own (as i had a bit of stuff with me including mydigital magamonster 1D in my backpack that they werent aware of because it is a lowerpro backpack and alot fits in snugly and i had the film camera on a hip bag). Next thing i did was take off the 28-135mm and pulled out my 70-200mm L series lens off my 5D MKII camera, threw the extender on her and put it on the EOS 5 and then heard a couple of surprised sounding comments hehehe. I then proceeded to put the film camera away and pulled out my 1D which had the 24-105mm L series lens on it at which i heard not a thing hehehe I t was quite amusing watching them pull their feet out of their mouth :P
    Last edited by Lucard; 27-03-2011 at 7:43pm. Reason: a mistake in speech
    Nobody special who has some very special ideas.

Photography Gear

Canon EOS 1D, Canon EOS 5D MKII, Canon EOS 5 film, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x macro, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28-135mm f/2.8-5.6 IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x II, Canon 580exII speedlight, Canon Ring light MR-14EX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucard View Post
    I did the precise same thing among a few at a local tourist spot. I pulled out my old EOS 5 film camera from back in the day which had my old 28-135mm lens on it and heard a few condescending giggles after they eyeballed my gear compared with their own (as i had a bit of stuff with me including mydigital magamonster 1D in my backpack that they werent aware of because it is a lowerpro backpack and alot fits in snugly and i had the film camera on a hip bag). Next thing i did was take off the 28-135mm and pulled out my 70-200mm L series lens off my 5D MKII camera, threw the extender on her and put it on the EOS 5 and then heard a couple of surprised sounding comments hehehe. I then proceeded to put the film camera away and pulled out my 1D which had the 24-105mm L series lens on it at which i heard not a thing hehehe I t was quite amusing watching them pull their feet out of their mouth :P

A friend was asked, "What crappy old camera is that?" by someone carrying something along the lines of a 500D. Clearly feeling superior with his dSLR. My friend was carrying a M9. Rofl. Oh the ignorance.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wideangle View Post
    .... It's like saying that the 5DM2 will produce better photos than the 7D just because it's a higher range camera. ....
    Higher range sensor, lower range everything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12