User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Will my gear fit a Lowenpro Flipside 200?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will my gear fit a Lowenpro Flipside 200?

I Have a Nikon D700 plus a Nikon 24-70 mm lens , battery pack- soon to buy a 70-200 mm lens. Plus SB 600 flash .

I am a middle aged women with a troubled back. So I need a lightweight backpack. Investigation has drawn me to the Lowenpro Flipside 200.

Question - will this fit my gear as mentioned above? Also will the bag able to carry my camera with one of the above lenses attached + battery pack?

thank you

Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the battery pack is the battery grip on the camera ?
    The Lowepro Flipside 200 is a great little pack that is comfortable enough to wear all day and can squeeze quite a bit of gear in there if packed creatively.
    One problem is that it is not a very deep bag so fitting a camera and battery grip is a little too tall and you then need to turn the camera body on its side which is a tight fit.
    Using this packing method, I can fit a 550D with a battery grip with a 70-200 f/2.8 or 100-400 on one side and a 24-105 and 10-22 lens on the other side, both laying lengthways (with the accessory pouch still at the top full of bits and pieces).
    I then swing the top part of the partition either way depending on whether I have the body attached to the longer or shorter lens.
    It is so much easier if you do not have the battery grip attached to the camera.
    There are also gear loops on the front of the shoulder straps that allow you to attach other gear pouches if you need or want to carry more equipment.
    Steve

Equipment: A couple of Canons with some lenses and a heap of enthusiasm

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your response.

Thanks for your advice. The idea is to pack the Nikon D700 together with the 70-200 mm lens or 24-70 mm lens is ok. I will keep he battery pack separate.
    regards
    Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without the battery pack on the body, but still packing those 2 lenses you should still have room for your flash or something similar
    Last edited by in2fx; 18-02-2011 at 10:30am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Flipside 300 & can fit a Pentax K20D with Grip & Sigma 70-200 f2.8 attached plus a Sigma 17-70, a Metz 48 AF-1 flash and a few other bits & pieces (filters, cards, cable release etc in the top compertment) & not much more. I think the Flipside 200 would be to small for the gear you have, maybe try the 300 or the 400 version. I like my pack & its pretty comfy but wouldn't mind going to the 400 for a little bit more space.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am inclined to go with Paul, I think for the gear you list the 200 is too small
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur. 200 is too small for your gear. 70-200 does take quite a bit of space. Combined with the 24-70 2.8. I personally like the body gripped with a 70-200 as it balances out the load when hand holding (even tho it makes it heavier :/) Esp if you're using a D700, it's significantly bigger than the 550D, do consider that as well.

Consider going for the 300 which will give a little more space and ease of loading and unloading as well.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you for your input - yes I will go for the 330

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sue,
    this is a great website http://www.cambags.com/bag-type/back...side-300.html# that shows "real life" shots of various camera bags and what people can pack in them, often you can find pretty close to your desired gear combination and see how it fits.

Cheers
    John

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont rule out the Pro Runner (http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,2182,14.htm) Just got this bag, as I felt the flipside 200 was to small for my gear. The 300aw takes my Canon 50D with 70-200mm F2.8 and the grip on or off no problems, also has tonnes/tons of space for other lenses/flashes and so forth. Externally has a tripod mount and areas for pole to attach. It's not a heavy bag and has a waste strap for longer hikes to really support your back. It cost me $140.00 locally from (www.qualitycamera.com.au) site sponsor, but local for me in WA.

Well worth a look.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.