User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: browser exif readers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

browser exif readers

Anyone using google's chrome browser? I've noticed in a couple of threads some members are able to read the exif data on images, yet I can't. I seem to be able to view the data in some images, but not all. I'm using exif reader for chrome, and wondering if anyone else has problems with "selective" exif info...
    J e f f

D90: with optional noob skills.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not everyone includes EXIF in their photos. So those that tell you 'no data' etc are generally ones where the member has stripped the EXIF from the file. If your add-on is showing EXIF for some, then it is working.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you usually won't see EXIF data if the image is a blend of photos or an HDR.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry I should have been a bit more specific...

On a particular thread, one member is able to see exif data, yet I can't. Just wondering if some readers pick up data more readily than others?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes they do, and some readers report different 'settings' to other readers. I recall the mods and I having a big chat at one stage about the settings used for a photo, where we all got different results from our various EXIF readers, so I don't tend to rely on them 100% for what they tell me. They are not the most reliable of add-ons. You just have to find one that gets good reviews and seems to be reliable and accurate.

Also note that there are EXIF editors around, so you could be seeing completely wrong information at times too, if the owner of the photo (or another party) edits the EXIF.