Just random thoughts .......someone asked me about those tie died ( huh get it?? ) muslin backdrops and the painted canvas ones.....I am pretty clueless about them but figured they couldn't be too hard to make if you were so inclined......plenty of stuff on the net if you wanted to research them.
Then I thought they look pretty dated......does any one use them nowadays?

I have a studio portrait done some 30 years ago that has a painted backdrop ( in fact most of my vintage stuff does ). I also have my DD graduation pic that has the mottled back drop as well but that is nearly 8 years ago nowl. My very old pics are obviously very formal with great granny standing with hubby seated in front with gorgeous curtains and stuff ( all painted ) behind them.

When I look at recent stuff the effects are much cleaner, more crisp, less distractions. Wedding pics have moved away from the formal styles and more to the relaxed lifestyle stuff that is very prominent now.

Do you find your images have changed over the years? Are the trends changing to suit lifestyles? Do we blindly follow along like sheep ( they are such dumb critters ) and follow trends? because the client asks for that style or .......??

Who are the trend makers now? The guy with the million dollar photo? People we see/hear about on the internet? How does this translate to the client?

I have the flu......am delirious I reckon...but I do think about this stuff and would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Off to take more panadol.......

cheers
Jan