User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Lighting Suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lighting Suggestions

Hi. Ive been on here for a while now, looking at most posts, and may I say learning alot.

I would like to buy some kind of studio lighting. I am only an amateur and I think that some king of lighting equipment would really help take my photography to the next level. I dont need anything overly extravagant.

I only want to spend $200 and under. I think this is a reasonable amount to spend for my level of photography. Im trying to really improve my portraiture photography and new born photography.

Any suggestions about what others think I will need, or what i definitely should stay away from will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steph
    NO, I did not trip, I attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills http://s570.photobucket.com/home/steffyd_photo/index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd reccommend getting a Yongano yn460 II or 2 they're ebay cheapies, but they work ($50 ea)
    a set of rf-02's flashy transmittery thingies- also ebay cheapies but they work up to 100 mtrs ($75 for transmitter and 2 recievers)
    and a couple of light stands. $130 for ebay chineese knock offs with brollies and flash brackets.

You will be a little over the budget for 2 lights, but it's a start and good for practising with.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Greg, I will check them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what gear do u have now?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get 2 or 3 desk/bed lamps and set them up where you want them, play with different powered globes. A cheap starting point.
    Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get away with one Yongano flash with umbrella and a piece of foam core board as a reflector on the other side. Foam core is about $8 at officeworks and works well. You won't get as strong a light using the board but you can vary the amount of fill by moving the board closer and further away from the subject.