Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New logo

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks dtoh, i have made changes to the pink. i will check on the music.
    also, thanks for the tense correction.
    Scott

I even had ""On the day" written as "One the day" earlier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you've done a lot of fixeruppering before I saw it. I like the new logo, though I'm not sold on where "photography" is placed in it.

I definitely agree, you need to redo the logo in Illustrator, that way you can resize it to infinity and it will never pixelate. Won't bother commenting on other stuff since I've been beaten to it.

I do like the website too, it's interesting and fairly clear-cut and concise, though you might want to rethink your menu colours and fonts since you've changed the logo. You want it to all tie in together. It loads ok, though a bit slow on my machine.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure that the solid black & white logo goes with the soft pretty pink background, as well as the harsh black and red menu. It just doesn't seem to all flow together.
    I also find some of your photos you've chosen to advertise yourself with a bit odd. There's one of a room where obviously a bride is preparing for her day, but it's a pretty wide shot and there just seems to be mess everywhere, a clothes horse with clothes hanging over it etc. It's not an appealing shot to advertise yourself with (one for the couple's album maybe, but I dont want to see someones dirty laundry when I'm looking for a wedding photographer).
    Same with the pig on the spit. I saw that and went 'eww, dead pig!' Again, for the couple as one of their little detail shots, but not on a wedding photographers website IMHO. And dog paw prints on the cement? Again, not sure why it's on there. There's also a handful of out of focus or noisy images which I think could also go IMHO. (Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm just trying to be honest as it wasn't that long ago that I was searching for my own wedding photographer)

However the majority of images there are lovely. think there is potential for a really classy appealing website.
    Sorry, I know all you asked about was your logo (much better than your old one BTW!) but yeah, I hope some feedback on your site will help, not that you have to listen to anything I say anyway, i'm just one opinion
    **Canon EOS 40D *** **Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM**Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L***Canon 580EX Speedlight**

I'm here to learn, honest critique welcome on my photos unless otherwise stated.
    >>>>www.melissamillerphotography.com.au <<<<

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Erin, i will reconsider the colours of the menu but i have no control over the font type.

Hi Gypsy, I really appreciate your constructive comment and i love it. I think i might just replace the pink background with either black or my previous dark wooden background. regarding the comments on the photos, yes, i understand where you are coming from and i seriously will bear that in mind and make changes to the picture selection.

Cheers,
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photographers are notorious for trying to do everything for themselves. I view the design of your corporate identity as imperative to the success of your business.

I think you would be very impressed with the results a professional designer could come up with.

My 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently the HTML version isnt loading for me at all in Firefox

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Crafypics for the message,

i just disable the HTML version of my site due to some issue, i will make it online tomorrow.

btw, i like your pictures, i had a look at your site.

cheers,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottgohphotography; 22-02-2011 at 1:16pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of the full page gallery. It really adds punch. Though some photos are alittle blurry or have a low quality grain look to it .... Since your selling yourself I'd use only the best of the best you have to put on show as your main gallery images. Quality over quantity i think.

Your logo.... does not do you or your profile any justice. Smooth it out make it "sexy".... also it might help to use a buffer/padding around your logo... move it away from the edge of the browser and the menu a bit ... just to space it out so people can remember the logo and recognise it without any interruptions to it.

It's like 12.45am and i might not make much sense :P So i have done a quick mock up.

This is 1 logo with 1 style on all 3 backgrounds. I use a gradient (2 shades of light grey) and a drop shadow to separate it from lighter coloured backgrounds. On darker backgrounds the drop shadow simply blends in.... Hope this helps a little bit
    The yellow background render i have used spacing around your logo... the other 2 not so much, just to show the difference a little space can make.
    Last edited by RLeadbetter; 23-02-2011 at 3:13am.
    Criticism is always welcome..... Training in Progress

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RLeadbetter,
    Thank you for the information. it is very helpful. I will make changes to your recommendation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, you will know very shortly whether your design work has been successful. Bookings will roll in and you will have enough work to keep you busy for a long time. After all, that is your purpose of having a good website, to make sales.
    To me, your website doesn't say a lot and if I were searching for a photographer I would probably pass it by (there's a lot of competition out there). I bet if you promoted your uniqueness in words as well as pictures you would corner a very specific market.
    Before you concentrate on pictures and colours make absolutely certain that the text is really what you want to say and focusses a potential client directly on the product you want to sell them. Being clear and concise with advertising is an absolute necessity.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott the logo is great, but IMO the rest of the site is a let-down. 3 clicks to get to your home page is 3 clicks too many. That photo would then turn most people off. Pages are very slow to load and pages within pages that you have to scroll through are another turn off. Pictures that aren't a pertaining to the text on text pages just take up space and are a distraction, also keep text to a minimum (simple, clear and concise) as people get tired of reading long drawn out speeches. Gimmicky navigation bits and pieces that pop in and out are another distraction. The KISS method works best and will keep people there longer than gimmicks IMO.
    Keith.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Redgum & Speedway, i will change the home page photo soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12