User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Fujifim Finepix s1600 & Tripod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fujifim Finepix s1600 & Tripod

Hi, I just got a Fujifim Finepix s1600 recently as a present and want to get into amateur photography. Since Im new to the field and everything i look at equipment wise is alien to me. I could use some help in looking for a tripod for this camera. Ive tried looking around the net for specs relating to the size of the tripod mount but am unable even in the manual. Is all the tripods one size fits all (the screw in kind). Has anyone used this camera with a tripod before. Any help will be appreciated.

porkkrop

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vast majority of cameras use the same size tripod mount hole / thread which is 1/4" at 20 threads per inch.
    Most tripods with quick release plates are fitted with that size screw for the plate to attach to the camera.
    Take your camera with you when you go looking for a tripod and check to see how the mount system fits your particular model.

The best piece of advice that I can give you for buying a tripod is to buy the sturdiest model that you can afford ( and then a few $ more ) as a solid good quality tripod will be more stable, last longer and will probably be good for your next camera seeing as how you have been infected with the photography bug.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I hope this link from "New To Photography" help you to find new tripod.
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ripod_and_head