Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tassie Info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tassie Info

I'm after some information on a few places in Tassie. We are heading there on Boxing day this year for 3 weeks. One place we are wondering about is "Montezuma Falls". Has anyone been there or can tell me much about it. Can we get there by car. We are hiring a lancer I think.
    Thanks for any info....even other places that are worth a look to I'd love to know about.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a new thread? Boxing day, that's a while away! - nothing like forward planning I suppose
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jules you must do Mount Field National Park..its up the middle and has 3 waterfalls including Russell Falls and Horseshoe Falls ...you could spend a whole day there if you are into Rainforest photography and still want to go back again.. I went in May, an amazingly beautiful place...don't know what its like in Dec/Jan. though.. Ricky et al will have a better idea.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I sure did just post it...see date and time..LOL

I like being organised. I just want to find out as much as I can so we can talk about what we want to do while we are there and this is one place we want to find out about.
    Some things we are going back to because we enjoyed it so much but there are other places I thought I'd ask about "if" anyone knew about them!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Jules you must do Mount Field National Park..its up the middle and has 3 waterfalls including Russell Falls and Horseshoe Falls ...you could spend a whole day there if you are into Rainforest photography and still want to go back again.. I went in May, an amazingly beautiful place...don't know what its like in Dec/Jan. though.. Ricky et al will have a better idea.
    Thanks David. I was thinking of Russell Falls as well. Is it easy to access? We won't have a 4x4 but have.... great legs..LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have time the East Coast of Tasmania has some great waterfalls worth visiting.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wideangle View Post
    If you have time the East Coast of Tasmania has some great waterfalls worth visiting.
    The whole East Coast is my favourite part of Tassie. After Hobart Town.

What amazed me when I first saw it was how blue the water was. The second time I seen water so blue was our last trip and (2nd trip there) was on the Great Ocean Road. It's like someone tipped dye in the water. Just beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes IT IS easy to access , Mount Field National Park.. I was in a little four cylinder shoebox. .no worries. Other places I went to got abit hairy without a four wheel drive.. next time i go i will hire a 4WD and spend more time in each area. Cradle Mountain is amazing but it is a heck of a drive to get there and I am not sure you would get far without a 4WD.. I got close but never got to Cradle Mountain. . The East coast is obviously the best for sunrises... have not been down the East coast yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=41jas;782152]The whole East Coast is my favourite part of Tassie. After Hobart Town.
    Last edited by wideangle; 04-02-2011 at 10:43pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might add to this thread by saying that Mount Field in December was lush, with flowing water back in 2008.
    I'm heading to Cradle Mountain for Easter and then probably around the Tarkine area for another week so any other ideas about that region would be lovely too hehe
    hoping to catch lots of fagus
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David. I've been to Cradle Mt. You can drive right up to Dove Lake and walk around the tracks. When we were there, there was ice covering the water holes surrounding the lake. So it all depends where and how far you want to walk. I loooovvvve that place.

I will definitely be going to Mount Field. Rick and Amy talk about there all the time.

Thanks dtoh, I hope to find some fungus as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this address will give info on motezoma falls Jules.
    take clothes for all seasons.
    don't bother with Queenstown, it's a hole.
    go to Straun it's a nice surprise
    the road from Exeter to Devenport has some great country
    http://www.forestrytas.com.au/assets...3/west_map.pdf
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by the looks of that map mudman, you have to walk in. I will have to read up about it more on google.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right Jules. i think it's about 3k. there is a 4wd track in too.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it will be HOT in December. There is a nice dirt road (OK for 2WD) from Orford down (south) through the Weilangta State Forest and through Rheban then on to Copping. When I visited my sister in Jan 2009 we did it as a day drive from Hobart - had a great lunch in a gourmet woodfired pizza place at Orford then did the drive. There is a small boardwalk through a patch of rainforest and some great views across to maria Island as you get further south. This can also be part of a journey to Port Arthur if you want.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the road from Orford south through Weilangta is no longer an option for the foreseeable future. It's been closed for over a year now because of a bridge that failed a structural inspection!

http://www.themercury.com.au/article...ania-news.html
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richmond in the South East of the state is worth a visit. It has the oldest bridge in Australia and lots of colonial buildings. A drive to the summit of Mt. Wellington while you're in Hobart is also recommended. On a clear day, you can see quite a fair way. Would make a nice pic if it was at sunrise.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
    Unfortunately, the road from Orford south through Weilangta is no longer an option for the foreseeable future. It's been closed for over a year now because of a bridge that failed a structural inspection!

Oh Bugger! I gue3ss that is the old timber bridge that I have a lovely photo underneath?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'the wall' at Derwnt bridge is really good. it's a wall of 1 metre wide panels a sculptor/wood carver is doing.
    sheffield area is very nice too

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just booked my tickets to get down there....$265.00 for Ivan and I. How cheap is that!

Seems I will have to wait for booking the return flight as there seems no flights are in the computer yet other than virgin. I want to do more research and grab more cheap tickets.

Hee hee now I can't wait.

So if anyone knows of anything worth seeing, please say so here and we will try and see it. Heading there Boxing Day and will be there for 3 weeks. Look out Tassie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast