Thread: New printer vs old printer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New printer vs old printer

I am still running a Canon 9950 - which is A3. I only use genuine inks which I get from GEM office supplies - happy to plug because they have excellent service. I use a variety of media, but Canon paper is most reliable (no surprise). However the prints are notorious for fading - I have no problems with personal prints - just make another, but quite a number of shoots are ending up on peoples walls, and looking at the framing ($$$) - well I have apprehensions.

Trouble is the 9950 wont die. It doesn't clog, band, make noises, flood the excess ink traps, leak, crack - nothing. It is as perfect now as the day I took it out of the box.

Besides getting prints done at a pro shop (and me losing part of the satisfaction) - I'd like to look at an A3/A3+/A2 printer.

Not much has changed with printers, but Epson has a new 4900 which looks interesting. Any comments, especially a2/3 afficionados or professional users (i.e. give their machines a hammering) would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Bercy; 03-02-2011 at 3:01pm. Reason: Spelling
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."