Administrator (Site Owner) ricktas's Avatar

SITE MATTERS : Your Guide to Ausphotography

This thread links you to important information regarding using and interacting on Ausphotography.
    All green text is clickable to take you to the relevant information

Most items linked below can be found by going to the LIBRARY using the menu across the top of the site.
    The Library is our resource area, and contains a wide range of information that can be described as 'static'.
    For current discussions and photography critique, please use the FORUMS.

RULES

AUSPHOTOGRAPHY SITE RULES

PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION RULES

Photo of the Week (POTW)
    www.estyles.com.au Photo of the Month (POTM)

CLASSIFIEDS AND EMPLOYMENT

Classifieds Rules
    Employment (job advertising) Rules

LIBRARY

Rules for using/posting/editing the site LIBRARY

JOINING IN ON AUSPHOTOGRAPHY

Your guide to getting started on Ausphotography

Your Ausphotography Team (administrators and moderators)

HOW DO I?

Post to the forums

Edit my profile

Get the most from my Ausphotography membership

WHERE CAN I GO TO FIND OUT MORE

We have a basic site map available to help guide your navigation around the site. The PDF Site Map can be downloaded and printed.

The Ausphotography LIBRARY can be a good resource, have a look at the SITE MATTERS section, the HOW DO I section, or just browse the LIBRARY in general. If you get stuck ask one of the friendly Site Staff. Use the link above to the Ausphotography Team, or you will find us on the Ausphotography HOME PAGE, down the bottom, we appear in blue in the 'who's online' list. We also appear in blue in threads. Click a name and send one of us a personal message.
    Last edited by ricktas; 19-12-2012 at 5:44am.
    RICK
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

www.tassiephotos.com

Ausphotography Regular Ian Brewster's Avatar
    Hi Ricki,

What is the time datum used on AusPhoto for closing time in competitions? Being in Brisbane I was expecting it to be Summertime on the Other than Queensland eastern States, but it seems to be my local time (ie UTC + 10 hrs)

Thanks
    Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brewster View Post
    Hi Ricki,

What is the time datum used on AusPhoto for closing time in competitions? Being in Brisbane I was expecting it to be Summertime on the Other than Queensland eastern States, but it seems to be my local time (ie UTC + 10 hrs)

Thanks
    The time used is the Eastern Australian Time, so at present that reflects daylight savings. All Competition announcements state the time and timezone AEDT or AEST as applicable for the time of year
    Last edited by ricktas; 31-07-2011 at 6:12am.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    The competition system uses the vBulletin date system.

So if your timezone is set correctly your LOCAL time will show when you click the Competitions tab in the menu.

Announcements are given as AEST/AEDT; but the Competition system will show your local time in any automatic date/time display.

regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

thanks all great info been awhile since i've been on site but all good now

Angry

I would most certainly like to be able to access my profile but since joining I get a notification that I do not have enough permissions as yet.

When does one get enough? When posting?

Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Ackary View Post
    I would most certainly like to be able to access my profile but since joining I get a notification that I do not have enough permissions as yet.

When does one get enough? When posting?
    Looks like you worked it out Warren. Only active posting members get access to all of the site. One of the reasons for this is to protect your photos from the unscrupolous. If they have to participate to gain access to get a copy of a photo, they will tend to use google and go elsewhere to get what they want. Keeps your copyright protected.
    Last edited by ricktas; 01-06-2012 at 5:49am.