Thank you for your input. Still leaves me wondering what we can and cannot do. As we live in Cairns, we are restricted already by our Council.
When we had our Club night photoshoot we had to notify the Police Department and Council who notified Security Guards know that we were about.
Of course another outing around the Trinity Inlet we had to be very careful, due to Naval Base etc. Of course the fabulous kids playground "Muddies" is just spectacular to photograph in with vibrant colours, much water, great backdrops. When I go with my grand children and have camera in hand, I too am still looked at as a lecherous person. So I reassure parents that I am only photographing my own children. Such a shame.

Tomorrow we are heading off to Kuranda. Touristy little place up on the mountain - should be interesting when I really want to do some Street Photography. I love capturing people in candid moments. Always tasteful, but of course no doubt will have some difficulties with some people. With 90% of national and mostly international tourists, it will be interesting to see the response. Might arm myself with some model releases if necessary.
Will keep you posted.