Reposted some of my initial from my PF thread:
-----
K-5 is completely off my future agenda now, I had to think long and hard about what I really wanted.

1) 16MP? not really... I was happy with 10, and 12 will be just fine for my purposes.
2) Top LCD?... nice to have but I am simply going to have to get over it.
3) Weather sealed body?... again, nice to have, but my reality is that I am mostly a fair weather shooter and none of my lenses are sealed or even WR so... ha.
4) ISO to 52000? I don't really care much about that, I rarely shoot over 400 and most of the time choose to restrict to 200 and truly... I'm pretty sure that the K-r range will be MORE than adequate for me, with the ISO I do regularly use being better than ever.

What have I achieved in buying the K-r instead?
1) Lighter weight: The K200 is pretty hefty (though not as hefty as some) and when I was considering the K-5 I was forgetting how difficult I find even the K200 at times, because of my carpal tunnels, osteoarthritis and so on. Getting an even heavier camera made no sense.
2) Live view: I've managed without LV on the K200d but I find it a royal pain, using a tripod without live view. Yes, we all managed in the past with our film cameras but why continue to play like that when you don't have to. Will be very useful for macro too.
3) Focus lights: lack of these was one of the things that annoyed me about the K-x – the issue has been addressed now, and this is good.
4) Much faster AF than my K200: all good.
----
That was last week. I hadn't got out much until last night, but had a short opportunity after dinner with a friend, I had taken the camera just in case. You know how it is

I would have liked to be a tad earlier and in a slightly different location. I was using the K-r with the DA35Ltd.

ISO 200, f/4.5, 1/200
Did some post processing to lighten the buildings... everything in foreground is black in the original.

ISO 800, f/2.8, 1/60

ISO 3200, f/7.1, 1/13

I'm amazed at how well the dark scenes render with little noise. Yes, there's still some there, you'd not expect to get away with none, but so much better than my poor old K200D.

After these few shots, I'm feeling very comfortable with the K-r already, its an excellent bit of kit, and I cannot see it meeting the same fate as the K-x I bought early in 2010 (onsold in under 6 months). It feels like a fairly significant upgrade from that, and from the K200D. No regrets about not getting a K5