User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Million Dollar (US) photograph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some photos are worth more than a million for the memory - it's a question of who can and is willing to afford it :P
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!
    I'm not really that moved by that particular image myself, I dont see a million $$ in it either.
    I find some of his other work a lot more appealing. Beautiful images!
    He certainly is very talented, and good on him! Certainly know's his stuff.
    As others said... great for the industry too!
    **Canon EOS 40D *** **Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM**Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L***Canon 580EX Speedlight**

I'm here to learn, honest critique welcome on my photos unless otherwise stated.
    >>>>www.melissamillerphotography.com.au <<<<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Million not by a long shot

Joe
    Nice shot!! No better than that it’s a great shot and one that I’d like to have my name on. But is it worth a million? In my opinion I personally don’t think so, not just this shot but any shot no matter how good or how opportunistic is not worth a million. Do we really know how much a million is? What you can do with a million? Just having a million to spend is a great responsibility and just maybe the purchaser of this photo missed in the responsibility stakes. But having said that we all have different “Bench Marks” by which we apply value and responsibility so I hope both the artist and the admirer are well pleased because that what’s it all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeez..... people with money will buy anything just to say they have a one off.

cool pic though...... 1million ???? nah

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban james derek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andreas Gursky’s “99 Cent II Diptych” is i believe the most expensive photo sold. It sold in 2007 at Sotheby's for $ 3.3 million and yes, it's just rubbish. Worse for me is the second most expensive photo sold,Edward Steichen’s “The Pond-Moonlight”. Throw a brown paper bag into a pond of dirty water, throw it at the window, blink into the sun and you get a better image than this ridiculous piece of rubbish but it sold for $2.9 million in 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting image.... I much prefer some of his other work.
    Just a note, seeing as some have not heard of him, the paper he prints his work onto contains silver in it. If you ever head to one of his galaries ask the staff member to change the mood lighting and combined with the silver the colours in the painting change with different light values.
    CC is welcomed and appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james derek View Post
    Andreas Gursky’s “99 Cent II Diptych” is i believe the most expensive photo sold. It sold in 2007 at Sotheby's for $ 3.3 million and yes, it's just rubbish. Worse for me is the second most expensive photo sold,Edward Steichen’s “The Pond-Moonlight”. Throw a brown paper bag into a pond of dirty water, throw it at the window, blink into the sun and you get a better image than this ridiculous piece of rubbish but it sold for $2.9 million in 2006.
    Really? I think those comments say more about you and your knowledge of photography, than the quality of those two works. That's not to say that I think any piece of art is worth such huge sums of money mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxxy View Post
    Interesting image.... I much prefer some of his other work.
    Just a note, seeing as some have not heard of him, the paper he prints his work onto contains silver in it. If you ever head to one of his galaries ask the staff member to change the mood lighting and combined with the silver the colours in the painting change with different light values.
    You'll find most photographic papers contain silver, like film, it's what makes them photosensitive. I think Mr Lik sells photographs rather than paintings as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to him.Someone thought it was worth it. I just spent six weeks in the US and stopped off at two of his galleries in Las Vegas.Very impressive and well worth the time to look. A salesman wanted me to buy a print from Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona.I was heading to page just after that so had an idea what to look for.I couldnt afford the print but the time spent in the shop was priceless.
    Pentax K5
    Pentax K10 D Limited Edition
    Pentax FA*28-70mm f/2.8
    Pentax FA*80-200mm f/2.8
    Pentax 100 MACRO f/2.8
    Pentax FA 31mm 1.8 Limited
    Pentax FA 15 mm Limited Wide Angle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning pic

I can see why someone was willing to part with such a large sum of cash
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, stunning capture and price paid for it. I like many others would not have even seen the reflection in the first place to take the shot.
    It looks just like a piece displayed on a wall in a Lawyers office, designed to make you completely forget the reason you were there in the first place so they can charge you more to do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I better tell my better half about this and she might let me buy a new camera!
    boggo.

feel free to fix my shots and send them back to me!

canon 5d2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Camera?. I read an interview with Peters assistant while in the US. Just the digital backs for some of his cameras cost between 40 & 60 grand. I think at that price Ill just happily spend a few hundred printing out some of my Antelope Canyon shots on metalic paper.
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing pic, but i can't help feel that if an unknown had have taken the shot, they may not have gotten the $1mm.. none the less well done Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best Fine Art Photographers in the world with galleries over the world sells an image for one million dollars. Some unknown photogrpaher takes a shot of the same location puts in on facebook or his web page or flicka. I wonder why he doesnt get the million. The thing I like about his work is that hes not selling something that has been photoshopped beyond recognition.
    Last edited by campdog; 24-08-2011 at 10:31am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12