User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM

Hi, wondering if any of the member own the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM. Looking at getting one for my D90 (I know it is a FF lens but not concerned about losing wide angle as I prefer to shoot at the longer focal)

The lens is close on $1000 - $1200 so really wanting to make the right choice in lens. So wanting to hear the thoughts and opinions from anyone with that lens before I invest that sort of cash.

My other option is the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 OS HSM - So again anyone with that lens care to share their thoughts and opinions would also help !!!!

Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Sigma 24-70 is the sharpest lens I own. I can not recommend it more highly. You will not be disappointed.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 24-70 about three years ago when a camera store in Sydney closed down and they sold off all there stock on e$ay, it has taken literally thousands of shots on DX bodies and now it is put to use on an FX body as well.
    It has never failed to disappoint, as sharp as you would ever need, renders colour well, handles flair adequately on sunny days and on either body it is an excellent lens for indoor flash work.

I shouldn't tell you that it cost $450.00 at the time, Australian stock and warranty ( never needed though ) and it doesn't look like being anything other than a very solid performer for a long time.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ahve the non HSM version and am very happy with it.

As sharp as you could want
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no more a fx lens than the nikon version by the way.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you replys..... looks as if the 24-70 f2.8 might be a goer !!!!

@ricktas, do you have any pictures for me to have a look at ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may want to wait til feb to see if sigma outs an OS version of 24-70 f2.8, apparently their new products are announced in Feb.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dang.... an OS version of the 24-70mm would be great.

One of the reasons why I have been tossing up between the 24-70 and the 17-70 is because the 17-70 is OS.

Wonder if there are any Sigma rumours around the net on a release date or in fact IF it will come with OS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the non HSM version and I can tell you that it's one of my fav lenses and a very well spent purchase. Love it still.. will consider to get one in the near future again.

Let me tell you one easier way to get a cheaper price yet still Australian stock and warranty. Give CR Kennedy a call or fill the form online regarding pricematching and ask them to price match whichsoever site that sells them cheap on the internet. They will pricematch without asking any questions.
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdreamer View Post
    I had the non HSM version and I can tell you that it's one of my fav lenses and a very well spent purchase. Love it still.. will consider to get one in the near future again.

Let me tell you one easier way to get a cheaper price yet still Australian stock and warranty. Give CR Kennedy a call or fill the form online regarding pricematching and ask them to price match whichsoever site that sells them cheap on the internet. They will pricematch without asking any questions.
    not exactly right, They have changed their policy to MAY match the price.