Hi everyone, I would appreciate your advice and I'm sorry if this has already been asked before. I know crystal balls can sometimes be a little hazy (even with polarizing filters attached), but based on history I have a question:
If 5d3 was announced/released, what do you think would happen with 5d2 stock and price? I guess there would be a discount or run-out deal, but how much, and how much 5d2 stock is out there, considering how popular it is? Can anyone fill me in, even roughly, on what happened with 5d original at this stage?
I know, no-one can know for sure and I'm not necessarily needing an "even if the replacement comes, the old camera is still good" lecture.
I'm just curious, as I'm currently deciding between getting a used body (maybe 5d) and waiting for 5d3, OR just getting the 5d2 now, and used APS-C body as backup. At the same time, I'm not in a rush, and want to make a decision that will make the most of my funds. I'm hoping to get kit that will let me move into shooting weddings in the future. I know both options mean different things for lens purchases and use now/future.
Thankyou very much for your help!