Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Tassie suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tassie suggestions

Hi there

I am trying to develop my skills in taking photos of waterfalls and was wondering if anyone had any tips of different waterfalls in Tasmania apart from the ones that are shown everywhere such as Russell Falls etc. I am based in the south of the state and just looking around the area to start with.

Nicole

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good place to learn (bring your gumboots), Strickland falls up the top of Strickland Avenue, in South Hobart.

There are quite a few waterfalls across Mt Wellington, some are very easy to access. Strickland Falls you can park about 50 metres from the falls, but you need to cross the creek and scramble up, over and under some rocks to get to the best the falls have to offer.

Also keep an eye out in the Tas Meets forum, and come along to one of our meets. One of the great things about them is we happily show each other how to use our camera's more.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nicole - waterfalls is one of my favourite topics too! I have a long term goal to photograph every waterfall in Tasmania - but I think I need to win lotto so I can drop the working week that kinda gets in the way!

Anyhow, I find this site a really good resource for Tas waterfalls. It certainly shows how many there are to get through!
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will have to get to Strickland Falls on my next days off work.

I know what you mean Cheryl - one day hopefully will get there. We can always dream about winning lotto though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nicole,
    Strickland Falls are very good example of very easy accessible falls as Rick mentioned.
    Ive been there few times and every time I climb up further and further.....sometime I think I will try to go up the mountain this way...to the top haha
    You need gum boots for best results as you will end up taking shots standing in water, though be careful as I end up every time coming back to my car with wet feet
    so extra pair of socks will be essential....if youre not careful enough
    Enjoy
    Maciek

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion of the Strickland Falls. I went up there today with just my point and shoot digital camera as I'm waiting to get my digital slr off laybuy. Can't wait to get back up there when I do get my new camera. Thanks also for the tip about the gumboots.
    Nicole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nicole,

We have just moved to Tassie, south of Hobart and I also love taking waterfall and rainforest photos, so I'll have to follow this thread for ideas too!!

I took some shots at Russell and Liffey Falls in winter 2009, I know they're a bit main and touristy, but some good shots can be taken of the smaller falls and cascades found nearby..

Cheers Jason..
    Jason Dunstone
    Pentax K20D, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 100-300..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine recently did a bit of a 4WD trip to Motezuma Falls, this one is between Zeehan and Tullah on the West. From what I saw from her photos, it's a beautiful spot, and the falls are the tallest in the state I believe! Sounds like a goer if you like 4WDing and long drives... I'm certainly going to see if I can give that one a go next time I'm south! :-)
    Emma
    I'm a Canon Girl!
    30D + 450D

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Emma

My parents live on the west so the next time I decide to visit them I might just have to fit that in - helps that they own a 4wd so I can easily take their vehicle.

Thanks for the suggestion
    Nicole