User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: NIKON D300S - auto bracketing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NIKON D300S - auto bracketing

Hi guys, can anyone suggest a way that I can stop my D300S going into auto bracketing [BKT]
    I think at times I am accidently pressing the FN button at the bottom of the body, but dont touch anyother dials. I have had this happen a few times and it is bl=====y annoying. Other than trying to keep my grubby fingers away from the FN button area, does anyone have any idea to try an alleviate my problem. Thanks in advance. Les

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused, I thought to activate bkt it re requires you to both push the bkt button while at the same time turn the command dial ?

If it's the fn button I'm pretty sure you can reprogram it to something more innocuous
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, the kiwi with 9024 posts is on the money.

It sounds very much like the function button has been assigned (in the command menu) to activate a preset bracketing burst.
    Resetting the menu to the default or any other user customisable function will get rid of the bracketing task.

I don't have a D300 / S to tell you which specific menu # it is that you have to alter to get it back to normal as the D700 can do similar but under a different menu #.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSM menu f4 is where you can assign, and turn on/off the fnc button.

As Andrew said, it can be assigned to quickly enable the function with a simple quick press.
    If the menu item doesn't read FUNC. button press OFF, then you may need to set that ability to OFF, to stop inadvertent single press activation.
    That is, it may be set to read FUNC. button press BKT which is different to what Kiwi referred too(which is how I use it).
    The second line in that menu is where you press the FUNC button and rotate either of the control dials to set bracketing on or off and it's associated variables.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings
    Press the FUNC button and rotate the wheel until it reads 0F
    That turns it off. (or should)
    Hope this helps

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks guys - Im relatively new to Nikon [ ex Pentax ] and still getting used to the beasts. Thanks for the replies.