Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Flood - Rifle Range (Lowood)

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flood - Rifle Range (Lowood)

Hi all AP-ers and thank for all the concerns. Well as per early comments we have only just got power back pm yesterday and did manage to avoid water in the house (by a whisker) and have to say we are one of the few very lucky ones in the district. Again, our hearts go out to those affected by this terrible event.

Just thought I would post a couple of photos from our place the day after the peak - sorry, did not get any photos at its worst here - too busy moving horses to high ground etc. Just snap shots shots really.

The Lyons Bridge is under the flood water somewhere near those tree

Taken from the front verandah

The back of our place - this is about 40 metres from the back verandah - to the left is the Lockyer creek which is about 3 mtres lower than the flood water.

Our friends place across the road - we rescued her new horse float to our place before the property went under.

Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series Mike.
    It is good to hear that you and yours are OK, too much bad news and tragedy in amongst this whole episode.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for showing your place, so sad for your neighbour, wish her well and hope she hasn't lost too many precious memories. The water is getting closer to my son in Naracoorte SA but certainly not as close as what you have shown us. Looks like he'll be ok.
    Keep safe.