User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: That warm fuzzy effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That warm fuzzy effect

We have our new calenders up for the year and the RSPCA cats one has some nice shots.
    I am particularly interested in how they achieved the feel of many of the shots .The colours are rich and the images are not out of focus but have a slightly soft feel to them(best way I can describe it).
    Could anyone tell me how to replicate this effect, is it a filter,lighting or some post processing at work or a combination of them all?

Cheers Dan
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares, Youre a mile away and have his shoes!!" Billy Conelly

Eos 550D Sigma 17-50 2.8 EX DC OS HSM, 55-250mm IS, Nifty 50 and training wheels

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean like a soft glow?? Can u post an example of what you mean?
    If I'm correctly thinking what you mean, it's easily achieved in post processing with filters such as 'diffuse glow' in Photoshop.
    The rich colours may be independent of the soft effect.
    Of course this tends to also work better with pics taken in soft lighting eg. indirect window light, cloudy day, brollies and soft boxes.
    I've even heard of ppl smearing vasoline on a physical filter placed in front of a lens although I've never tried or had the urge to try it.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without an example it's impossible to say how something is done but if you can post it, as swifty said, I can bet I'll be able to tell you precisely how to duplicate it, either in post or in the shoot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    remember you cannot post photos on AP that you do not own copyright over. Maybe you can find a link to a photo on the web, that will show members what you mean
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go and look.........http://www.worldforpets.com.au/produ...il.asp?ID=2856
    shallow DOF? with beautiful light and lovely pussycats?

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks, Im guessing its a combination of things, like you all have said.
    Thanks Ric for moving this post and thanks ricstew for going to the trouble of finding the link.
    After having another look its the i thinks its the warm ritch browns and the ever so slight soft focus that make some of the shots special.

Cheers Dan