Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: CR Kennedy pricematch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CR Kennedy pricematch

Hey,

Did anyone pricematch Sigma grey stocks by using CR Kennedy before? I've been told by a cousin that it can be done if I can prove the price to them either by faxing or emailing them the links.
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be done, DWI is one of the most popular sites to price match from. GST and delivery gets added so it only works out slightly dearer, but full Au warranty. You'll have to buy it from one of CRK's list of preferred suppliers though, which includes Ted's etc.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I got a 10-20 from them, they matched the DWI price
    Colin
    Here to learn; please critique and/or rework my images

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okie, basically.. I email them the price that I found and they will ask me to go to their suggested store to make the purchase?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They say that it's an all out "We will beat gray market prices". This is not true, on a certain superzoom lens, I tried to get them to price match, they told me to go to a Teds, I went, and they refused. I called CR Kennedy from the store, who pretty much told me that, even though the website said "We will match any price...", it actually meant "We'll give it a shot:.

I just checked the website, and it has since been changed to "We will attempt to match".

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I found it pretty easy and got a better deal than the best grey importer or eBay price I could find as the guy from C.R. Kennedy decided not to add the courier cost on.

The way you do it is to get your best internet deal (I had mine printed out), go into an authorised supplier and ask for a price match. If they cannot, ask them if they honour C.R. Kennedy's grey import price match policy. They should but I know Scotty had some trouble recently as he found some retailers absolutely hostile over the arrangement.

The retailer is supposed to ring C.R. Kennedy who will then decide if the store will supply at a discounted price (and what that price will be) or if the goodies will be supplied by C.R. Kennedy direct. If the latter, you have to ring C.R. Kennedy and have a chat. Note that C.R. Kennedy will verify that the deal you have is legitimate or not, i.e. a genuine seller.

I found the guy from C.R. Kennedy (in Sydney) great. As I said, I got a better price than I could have from a grey import and over $300 under local prices but I may have been lucky as I seemed to get on really well with the fellow from Kennedy's and I expect the deals may be a bit subjective.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Peter said, I initially met some out and out retailer hostility:

1) I rang a very large, well known retailer in the Parramatta area: pretty well abused me over the phone. Told me it was unethical to even ask for a price match etc.

2) Then, I emailed a very well known retailer in the inner south-west: they replied, politely, with an email that stated they would not do it and to contact CR Kennedy direct.

3) I then emailed a well known, inner-city store. Their initial reply was that they would match + delivery (as Peter suggested) BUT it would come SANS-warranty. Thinking that this smelt somewhat fishy, I rang CR Kennedy to ask if this was Kosher. Well, the CR Kennedy guy was VERY helpful: he asked me for all the details of the shop and email etc. About 10 mins later, the store emails me very appologetically to assure me I would have full retail rights etc.

So, I ended up paying a little more (delivery - they match the FULL, to your door cost - then you pay any delivery on top) than I would have (though I could have gone in to pick up for free) but, for the little extra, I get full customer rights.

Well worth the effort.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban Tatts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had them price match a 10-20mm lens late last year. I sent an enquiry through the website, gave them the name and price of a shipped grey lens from eglobal and he matched the price and added GST. I rang him (Clem) and made payment via CC and it was sent that day, arrived the following afternoon. Had to wait an extra day cos i wasn't home and the post office said i couldn't get it till after 9am the following day.
    Was a very easy process and i would recomend going through them over a grey lens.
    I think the email is the best option cos i have heard that if you ring them you might not get the price match, seems not all staff are able to do it.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I filled the form on their page and received an email from Clem hours later. Price matched DWI Sigma 30mm f/1.4. Picking it up from South Yarra office on Monday at $449.

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdreamer View Post
    I filled the form on their page and received an email from Clem hours later. Price matched DWI Sigma 30mm f/1.4. Picking it up from South Yarra office on Monday at $449.

Thanks everyone.
    I did the same. Biggest upside was that I didn't even have to wait for it to be shipped from HK! Luckily I didn't buy grey as the lens did need to be calibrated to my 550d due to front focusing, and CRK did it for me under warranty just in time for Christmas.

Very happy and I will now buy more lens from them under the same arrangement.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linky for those that need it ... http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/index.cfm?pageID=465

CRK have always given me good service, both Pentax and Sigma .
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive tried, it takes a long time for them to reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if its possible to do all of this in person at the KR Kennedy Office?
    I work just down the road from the Sydney Office in Pyrmont. Could i walk in there and arrange it?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out - Bill Hicks

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel5600 View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to do all of this in person at the KR Kennedy Office?
    I work just down the road from the Sydney Office in Pyrmont. Could i walk in there and arrange it?
    Might be difficult as they have moved out of the Pyrmont office to somewhere like Alexandria or Mascot. Normally done over the phone or email but if the goodies are located in their Sydney warehouse, you should be able to pick them up. Mine came from Melbourne but was organised from Sydney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    Might be difficult as they have moved out of the Pyrmont office to somewhere like Alexandria or Mascot. Normally done over the phone or email but if the goodies are located in their Sydney warehouse, you should be able to pick them up. Mine came from Melbourne but was organised from Sydney.
    Or, you can go in a retail shop - should cost anymore - and ask if they will arrange it with cr kennedy.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they are now in Mascot, 280 Coward street, I have been there a few times. As Peter says, generally the stock comes from Melbourne.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    Or, you can go in a retail shop - should cost anymore - and ask if they will arrange it with cr kennedy.
    Except Kennedy's will decide who supplies the goodies.

The place where you got your lens (and where I got mine), Kennedy's decided to supply direct as "there is no money in it for the retailer" at the price I paid. I would have preferred to go back to the shop a block away to pick up the lens. The store had put one of the two they had on the shelf aside for me while they chased up Kennedy's as the guy was out of the office when I was in the shop.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, they run out of stock in Melbourne... asking me to wait for 2-3 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the variety of responses, it seems as though it may well depend on the person you encounter at CR Kennedy or even the alignment of the stars.