Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 7d low light problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 7d low light problem

hi guys,

not sure if you can help or not, but i bought a canon 7d in november and up until last week it was working great, no problems. it had always been awesome in low light, even when i took photos with barely any light, when i didn't think it'd have a chance, it always pulled it off.

last weekend, however, i tried to take a photo it should have had not problem with (bit dark, but had light from a window and from an overhead light) and the 50mm 1.4 hunted like mad. i tried standing in different spots, adjusting settings, tried taking photos of other things and it always had the same problem. i noticed this continued after a few days, no matter what lens i used, and today i was taking photos outside at noon an overcast day, and had to max out both aperture and shutter speed (iso roughly 200) to get any kind of decent photo.

i've tried two lenses, both had the same problem, so i know it's the body. full auto and aperture priority photos come out dark, too (and metering isn't on a bright spot).

any ideas why my 7d would suddenly have real trouble in low light? is there a setting i could have changed by accident to affect it? the body hasn't been damaged in anyway, and i tried googling but found nothing. i'm at a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea. But it sounds like some sort of fault in the camera.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from where you purchased your 7d?
    Be happy, life is beautiful, even through a humble point and shoot camera
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id do a hard reset - http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?fr..._au&p=7d+reset

The other thing could be dirty contacts on your body, give them a good clean
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    larry, i got it from dwi. thanks for the link, kiwi! i forgot you can do that, so will try it sometime this weekend and hopefully it'll fix the problem!