Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 40D Error 99 - Apparent Battery Malfunction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40D Error 99 - Apparent Battery Malfunction

Hello,

I was at the woodford folk festival recently (photographic mecca) and was planning on taking some photos of the fire event finale, but was confunded through a camera error which prevented me from taking photos. "Error 99 - Please turn camera off then on and check battery". I did that, but nothing resulted. The click the camera was making as I turned it on sounded like the mirror swinging up, like when you start live view. After changing batteries to no effect, I simply left it off for a day and it has resumed normal function. Has anyone encountered this problem and know anything about its causes/solutions?

Thanks,

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon error codes are from 01 to 98. Any error that occurs that is not defined will generate an error 99. I think it’s time to take it to an authorised repair centre:

http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Suppor...ervice-Repairs

Hope this helps
    "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi David,
    I had an error 99 with the same message on my EOS 400d and it ended up being a problem with the lens, so it might be worth checking the lens you were using at the time as well as the camera.

I had no clue why the problem was occurring until the lens died - when the lens was repaired I had no more error 99 messages.
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got an error 99 on my 40d and it was the shutter mech also. repaired under warenty
    Canon 6d, 7d , 40d, 100-400L, 24-105Lmm, 50mm 1.8, 28-135 and a sigma 18-200
    Aquatech underwater housing
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpoulton/