Hi everyone,
I have just stumbled upon this site and so far am enjoying it! A little background I am a Mum of two littlies and really really love taking photos. I love the thrill you get when you get a great shot, I love how photos will be around years after the time - how they can tell a story from a single moment.
I take lots of photos of my kids, and photos of my friends kids. Everyone tells me I should go professional with it - I laugh at them and say maybe when I learn how to use my camera properly and do some study!! For now I would just like to make the leap from auto to manual. I am looking at getting a new camera and with that I want to find a course and get some training which is a bit hard in a country town...
Anyways I currently have a d4ox and looking at upgrading maybe to a d90 or d7000 I was also thinking maybe a 50mm lens to take portraits of my kids with. I currently just have the kit lenses that came with the d40x.
Is there photographers out there that mentor others? Any ideas how I go about finding this out? I just want to get better at taking photos - just love the thrill of it all