Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Printing on Aluminium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing on Aluminium?

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of panoramic landscapes which I'd like to get printed but I'm really interested in getting them printed onto a metallic finish as it really seems to make the colours 'pop'. I've seen some work put on to what looks like a thin aluminium sheet (it may be direct or it may be pasted on, i'm not sure) but was wondering if anyone has had experience of doing this and if so what their thoughts/experiences are.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

Thanks in advance.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Print on vinyl and adhere to aluminium is probably the most cost-effective way to go. Talk to some of your local sign manufacturers who also do large format printing. I hope that helps.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at print2metal.com, I haven't had anything done there but I have seen some images a friend has done, and they look very good.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, both posts are helpful.

Funnily enough Lani I had been looking at print2metal and that is where I was considering ordering from. In fact I have now ordered their sample pack thanks to your post.

In the meantime I will also take WhoDoo's advice and talk to some sign manufacturers to see what they can offer as ideally I'd like the place to be local.

Thanks again for your help.