Hi
Years ago I gave up an sold my then (film) SLR because my eyes were just not good enough to set the focus properly, and I couldn't afford a new camera with auto focus.

Recently I managed to buy a Canon 550D with the 18-55mm kit lens, and a Canon EF 28-135mm IS lens.

Sadly I find the auto focus is not good with either lens when taking pics, but it does seem better, but not always really good, when taking a video.

What I notice is that when tying to autofocus is that it finds what seems to me to be a good focus but sort of overshoots to a blurry pic. But I really only find out how bad the (un)focus is when I get home and download the pics onto my computer

So, do I need a better camera, better lenses, or do I just cut my losses and go back to my point and shoot Panasonic? (or get something like a Canon G11 which I have seen takes good pics)

I had hoped to do nature photos, some macro pics, and some time lapse pics for movies

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I invested a lot of money in something which doesn't work for me, and will lose heaps by selling it off on eBay etc