User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Monitor calibration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monitor calibration

When i upload a photo to Flickr and view it from there, it seems darker than when viewing the photo staight from my computer.
    Does this mean i need to buy some monitor calibration software or is there something else at play here.
    Your adivce is appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite likely raccoon, it could also be an issue with the web colour space (sRGB) and your working RGB which many photographers set to Adobe RGB98 particularly if you are shooting RAW and converting in to adobe. I've found the very best advice, step by step instructions and detailed reasoning at:
    http://http://www.imagescience.com.a...rint-Book.html and its free. Of course they'd like to sell you their profiling service and a profiler but if you go that route it'll be the best money and time you'll spend and there are some quite reasonably price profilers now not like the $400+ I paid for my I1 many years ago.
    Have fum pcbermagui
    pcbermagui - a camera between my ears
    A560, 18-70(kit), Tamron SP90 2.8 Macro, Sony 70-300G, PS CS5 -My photos are at pcbermagui.zenfolio.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep mismatch of colour space is most likely the problem, Especially if your processing in Abobe RGB , Most web sites will change it to sRGB for viewing on Monitors
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link pcbermagui. sources of information like these are gold.