I have searched this forum and google for days but I am still struggling to determine the number of licenses you get with each product.

I am about to buy Lightroom and Elements before my student ID runs out at the end of the month.

Now this is where it gets tricky..

I need a copy and my dad also wants a copy. I have a mac and he has a PC so we would need to buy the boxes.

I have read on the adobe site that you can install the product on a second computer but they can't be used at the same time. Being for 2 separate people, I cannot guarantee that they will not be used at the same time.

So my question is this.. would they ever know if they were being used at the same time?

Otherwise I would have to buy 2 copies of each.

I also read in another thread that the student copy has a single license and the education copy had more. But I havent been able to find that information anywhere else. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Being such expensive software and owning $23 to my name with maxed out credit cards (aahhh Y-genners) I want to get it right and the cheapest way from the start.

(I know there is free software out there and I have iphoto (never opened it) and The gimp would be my choice in the free ones but I've been researching for a week now and Ive decided on this. Dad wants to buy me Lightroom for Christmas and while Im a student, but I want the cheapest method for his money.