User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon EOS remote capture utility problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon EOS remote capture utility problems.

Hello.

From time to time I connect my 450D or 50D to my telescope and have the camera operate from lap top.

I hooked it all up today,just to see it was all working as it should,but it did not work.

once I connected the USB cable to lap top,it made a un-happy little sound.

And would not detect camera.Usually once the cable/camera connect and camera switched on-it all goes well and utility screen pops up.

I had an issue when I got my 50D from DWI,and uploaded the disc drivers that came with it,and it did not work,it appeared the disc contents was corrupt,or not suited for use in Australia.

So I had to delete it all,and upload drivers from a Canon software site.

Has anyone a link to the Canon drivers site,so I can reload them into my computer.

Something seems to have gone of the rails somewhere,and I would like some help or advice so I can operate my cameras from lap top.

Thank you.FB
    Canon 50D and 450D - Canon 10-22 F3.5-5.6, 17-55 F2.8 L, 70-200 F2.8 L, 400 prime F5.6 L, 60mm F2.8 macro, EX 430 Flash,and all sorts of other bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have had success getting everything I need from Canon USA ( google). I recently picked up a new 50D from Discount Digital, while most of the box contents were in Japanese the Disc was OK as was the manual. I don't quite understand your problem. I just followed instructions very closely and everything worked fine, including hooking up to my Laptop. N ot much help I know, just perservere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fairy bombs View Post
    Has anyone a link to the Canon drivers site,so I can reload them into my computer.
    just google what you need, or go to the canon site http://support-au.canon.com.au/
    Cheers
    Jo

Canon 7D user on P Plates

CC is encouraged: No need to be gentle
    Don't be offended by my CC