I'm looking at buying a SB900 in the new year ... this will be my first flash gun, and GregH had given me the advice that if I could pay the extra, it was worth going for the SB900 over the SB600. But then I was advised to read this following article

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb900.htm

so basically I would like just general feedback from anyone with what they also think!

I'm still starting out on this crazy photography journey, at the moment I have a D80, but would also like to upgrade at sometime. My main interests in photography for the flash gun at the moment is sport, with my family all riding motorbikes and doing enduros with some motoX. Portrait isn't really something I have looked at yet, but I am starting to get an interest in Candids.

Look forward to hearing what you all think, plus watch this space for more threads from someone who gets easily confused; as the theory is - with my daughter deferring her uni degree, and son now finished school and starting his apprenticeship, and supposedly supporting themselves, I am hoping to cross a couple more things off my wish list, but we all know what theory did