Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold!!

A while ago the Mrs dragged me to a parenting expo..... Im still in counselling for it

Whilst there, there was a photographer that displayed his images in a gold tone... it wasnt sepia and not some sort of effect that I can replicate in photoshop.... well that I can see or try.

So that leave a couple of other variables... is it the lens... I have heard that some photographers use a stocking over he lens to give a smooth warm glow or is it the media?????

I dont think stockings are in excess up here, mainly shorts n thongs weather here.

Anyone got a clue how to create something similar???

Its not that I want to rip the same photographer off... I just want to know how to do it... its driving me crazy
    Last edited by GoldenOrb; 09-12-2010 at 9:33pm.
    I have one of those thingys.... you know... that take ummmmm... pictures....??!?
    and oh yeh, some other stuff

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several ways you could do something like that. Warming gels on your lights, split-toning in post, either or both combined with Metallic paper would provide something quite golden to look at.
    A stocking over the lens would just result in an image with very poor contrast and lack of sharpness I'd have thought.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh teh stocking is not something i have bothered to try, I guess it would be like looking through a lens with vaso all over it......

thanks for the info!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of using Stockings ( Panty hose is what I was told) It gives a warm glow and great Bokeh , As I said I was told , Still have'nt tried it yet though, Karen did'nt want to sacrifice a pair
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did they also have a soft dreamy effect? It could be one of the Midnight Action Set for photoshop, they can give a golden glow result in post processing.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah not really Rick,
    the images were quite sharp, hence my thought of media or effect. Ill google the action set you just mentioned and have a look see

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be one of the effects you can with "Alien Skin" software.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Toni, yeh I have Alien skins on my macbook pro and its not one of them... for a few photos it actually looked quite stunning... they basically had a 5m x 10 m tent with every image like it and it was overkill.

I like the idea for say one offs but my real desire on how to figure it out now is just because Im stubborn and dont like being beat!! I have just remembered now....I think the Mrs has a similar photographers link with a similar thing on her mac mini.... Ill go pester her, see if I can find out or get a fist to the head for annoying her

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the other option is makeup... lots and lots of makeup....., JUst figured that either lighting, filters or CS would play a major part in it....

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, Ive worked it out... its a chemical process... now off to try the same thing in CS

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is my initial play with it. From what I can tell is its called Orotone or Aurotone... Like I said before not all images would benefit from this but some of the ones that I saw were pretty cool and from what I have tried isnt really doing it justice, but it gives me some ideas to play with.
    Not my photo either, one I picked up from a stock website.

thanks
    Last edited by ricktas; 14-12-2010 at 7:28am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and another.... this one has a slight gold fleck @ 20% (like a sparkle) through it.... not sure how noticeable it is.. its more for texture then the image if that makes sense.
    Last edited by ricktas; 14-12-2010 at 7:28am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha... just noticed the cigar in the brides hand.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOrb View Post
    Not my photo either, one I picked up from a stock website.

thanks

I have removed the photos please read this

Ausphotography Site Rules state:

[6] Any photograph a member presents on Ausphotography, whether by uploading to the site or 'linking in' using the IMG tags from elsewhere must be copyright owned by the member. Breaching copyright is a serious matter with legal implications and could result in an immediate and permanent ban from Ausphotography. Links directing members to other sites, where third-party owned item(s) are displayed, is allowed. If you are linking to a third party's Art (photo etc) for critique/review/opinion, under the Australian copyright act you must acknowledge the author and title of the work, in your post/thread.

DO NOT PLACE PHOTOS ON AUSPHOTOGRAPHY THAT YOU DO NOT OWN COPYRIGHT ON!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nuff said.
    Just to be clear to anyone that reads this.
    The photo was not subjected to copyright, it was on a free to use Stock images site and was only used to explain a chemical process that I had seen.

Its wasnt my intention of taking anything away from the actual photographer.

In light of saying that I do understand where your coming from Rick
    Last edited by GoldenOrb; 14-12-2010 at 12:02pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOrb View Post
    nuff said.
    Just to be clear to anyone that reads this.
    The photo was not subjected to copyright, it was on a free to use Stock images site and was only used to explain a chemical process that I had seen.

Its wasnt my intention of taking anything away from the actual photographer.

In light of saying that I do understand where your coming from Rick
    All photos are subject to copyright, by law. If a person wishes to provide them to free stock sites etc, that is their business, but copyright is assigned at the press of the shutter button, by law!

The photos also contained a watermark, which did not match the one you have used on the photos you have presented on this site so far. Therefore, I assume the watermark belonged to the copyright owner. Our rules are clear. Only photos taken by, and copyright owned, to the member posting them, is allowed!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup understand

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban Tatts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoldenOrb, any chance you could do the effect on one of your photo's and post it?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh I thought about that before using the other one and actually had a bit of a play with a couple but none of them sort of did the idea justice.

Ill have another look today and see if there is a image suitable that would look ok.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all right... try again... my photos.... probably not the right ones to use for this particular effect (and Im still working on it to try and make it a bit better).
    Orotone, Aurotone appears to use multiple layers where it is printed on a laminate/ glass then a gold coat is painted behind it. I dare say that it would also create some sort of 3d or pop out effect. I just like the gold tones that it produced.

By showing these someone may get the drift on what I am after and might be able to teach me a bit more.. hopefully

normal photo taken with a 4meg P.O.S. Fuji that I brought in 2002.....

second image is what I am trying to create... or similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast