Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
heres another example of an iffy customer......

Client met me and was happy with everything and signed contracts on the spot. Goes home to tell her hubby and he got angry, he only wants to pay $500 bucks deposit to book me for end of November 2011 (peak wedding time) for a package of $5500 all up. Now myself and most photographers require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, so I wrote her an email for her husband -

In other words - if for example, you deposited $500 to me to secure the date. A few months later another client is interested in the same date and is willing to offer the full deposit amount of $2900 ($5800) - I would and can easily return your $500 deposit and state that I am unvailable for that date and book the other client in - simply because there is no monetary incentives for me nor assurance to stay with the risky original booking.

I hope that explains a lot of things![/B]

Here is her response

hi jackie

well my partner has told me to cancel with you only because he doesnt agree with the terms.

Thank you for your time!

hahahahaha, no comments from me
Gee, I have to say your last statement would sound pretty ordinary to me. That basically says he who pays most upfront wins, even AFTER you have agreed to do the job. If you agreed to take that $500 deposit (which you haven't in this case) that should be set in concrete that you will do the job despite a more lucrative offer from another client for the same date. What is to say that even after you get the $2750 from this client, you don't get offered a bigger more lucrative job and cancel on them anyway....

I don't doubt your ethics for a minute, but that last paragraph couldn't look good to a client.